I’ll be honest, the first time I heard the phrase “high intensity interval training”, I automatically had visions of having to spend hours of time sweating and killing myself working out, and so I promptly rejected this idea. Maybe some of you are thinking the same thing.
Let me help put your mind at ease and shed some light on this seemingly offensive phrase.
What is High Intensity Interval Training?
High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) Definition: a testosterone boosting and fat burning exercise strategy that involves alternating periods of short intense anaerobic exercise with short recovery periods. A HIIT work out should last anywhere between 8 minutes and 22 minutes, and you only do them 3-4 times per week.
You do specific, intense, testosterone boosting and fat burning movements or exercises anywhere from 20 seconds to 1 minute. Then you rest – usually from 20 seconds to 1 minute, and then repeat the pattern for a designated number of sets. The time for specific exercises and resting as well as the number of sets are all based on the specific program you’re following, your current state of physical shape, etc.
Not bad, right? Who doesn’t have between 8-22 minutes a day a few days a week? Even I was able to get onboard with this now!
Okay, you’ve got the 8-22 minutes, but you still may be wondering why HIIT is beneficial to you.
In a nutshell, these are the FACTS on why HIIT is beneficial to you:
- You will boost your testosterone levels like crazy
- You will burn at least 450% more body fat vs. regular cardio in a much shorter amount of time
- You will stimulate your body’s own production of human growth hormone levels (HGH)
- You will lose fat weight and gain lean muscle mass
- You will increase your metabolism like never before
- You will slow the aging process
Guys, no matter how you slice it, those are some amazing life giving and life changing benefits! Then take it a step further and look at all the sub-benefits under each one of those bullets, and the list becomes HUGE!
What About Countless Hours Doing Cardio?
Here’s the thing, the old advice of doing long, hard, chronic cardio (treadmill, Stairmaster, elliptical, etc.) is dead now.
In fact, as more research comes out, we’re finding out that the old cardio way can actually be UNHEALTHY and literally bad for you.
FACTS about the old cardio way:
- Decreases testosterone levels
- Increases cortisol production
- Weakens the immune system
- Stunts gains in lean body mass
- Stunts strength gains
- Decreases T3 hormone (fat burning hormone) production
- Damages your heart, joint, and back
- Makes your entire body age faster
- Causes oxidative damage and a flood of free radicals to the body
- Causes your body to actually store fat rather than burn it off
- Causes you to age faster
- Causes you to gain weight over the long term vs. lose weight
Natural Testosterone Boosters
In addition to implementing a HIIT strategy to your workout routine, you might also want to think about adding a natural testosterone booster supplement to your diet. It’s one of the easiest things you can do to help keep your testosterone levels healthy. If you’re looking for the best testosterone supplements, then you need to do a little research.
One of the best resources available for info on ingredients, prices, dosages, and best boosters would be TestosteroneBoostSource.com